Michael G. Glosniak is senior counsel focusing his practice on real estate law, including commercial property transactions, while also specializing in commercial/industrial property tax and assessment appeals in Cook County as well as the surrounding suburban counties of northern Illinois. Mike’s real estate transactional practice includes the following services:
- Negotiating and Drafting Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Residential Property Sales
- Lease Agreements
- Real Estate Structuring/Advisory
- Title Examinations and Title Defect Clearance
- Deeds and Transfers of Title
- Land Trusts
Additionally, the property tax and assessment appeal practice includes the following services:
- Administrative appeals before the County Assessor and County Board of Review
- Review of market data and property valuations through our network of Appraisers
- Tax Objection Complaints filed in the Circuit Court seeking property tax refunds
- Processing Discovery and Case Management
- Negotiating Tax Objections with Assistant State’s Attorneys
- Settling and processing property tax refunds with the County Treasurer
- Appeals to the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Securing and retaining Tax Incentives (such as Cook County Class 6-B, Class 7, etc.) on newly constructed, substantially rehabilitated or previously abandoned properties
Prior to joining DUGGAN BERTSCH, Michael spent over a decade at one of the first firms in Chicago to specialize in property tax and assessment appeals. His experience has allowed him to navigate and obtain successful results for clients in the real estate assessment appeals process and he is passionate about the savings provided to his commercial and individual clients who often bear the brunt the county’s inequitable property tax system.
Michael earned his Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology and Environmental Sciences from the University of Notre Dame and his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Michael currently resides in Western Springs with his lovely wife, Laura, and his two amazing daughters, Avery and Maggie.